Setup Gears in Mach4
If you do not know the gear ratio on the spindle, setup the spindle as follows:
- Set a very high max RPM for the range (such as 50,000)
- Turn on spindle at the max spindle speed defined above
- Read RPM using spindle encoder or tachometer
- Need a tachometer?....
- Set range Max to the RPM reading above
- Repeat for each range/gear
The Max Spindle Motor RPM from Mach4 is not used in this instance.
Also, note that for Gear 1, the 0-10V from the Apollo III will be scaled by 0-814 RPM. So with pulley 1 active, 814 RPM will output 10V on the Apollo III.
- Gear change in code: M40 - M45 change ranges from 0 to 5. M40 P# can also be used where # is the gear range to use
Automatic Gear Shifter (Siemens PLC)
Spindle gear range 19 is used for the automatic gear shifter.
Default MachMotion Parameters