Yaskawa Absolute Encoders with Apollo III
Yaskawa Absolute Encoder feature allows the Apollo III to read the encoder position without the need for homing. When the CNC control software starts the software will read the encoder positions from the servo drives and update the internal positions from 0 to the actual motor positions.
- X15-03-04-1.02 ABS Encoder Board Assembly
- X15-02-09-V Yaskawa CN1 Digital Drive Adaptor (Needs to be Reversion 1.08) with jumper installed on J5 and in the 2 and 3 position
- JZSP-CSP12-E ABS ENC EXTN Cbl W/BAT 0.3M (Battery adapter)
- 100536 Hex6.35x17.46 Standoff for Apollo III board
- 150063 6-32 1/4" SS-PAN-PH
- Apollo III Absolute Encoder license
Absolute Encoder License
Use the VSI Device Manager to confirm the Absolute Encoders feature is active. Or you need to purchase it and the software license part number is ABS-57.
Buffer board X15-03-04
This board is used to send the SEN command to the Yaskawa servo drive through the Servo Adaptor Board. The board needs to be installed onto the Apollo III and a wire ran from the terminal labeled "1" on the green block to J1 pin "5" of the Servo Adaptor Board.
Digital Servo Adaptor board X15-02-09
This board is used to connect the Yaskawa drive to the Apollo III for commands and feedback. Confirm the version number on the board is at least V1.08 or it will not work with the Absolute Encoder interface.
Motor Encoder Cable with Battery JZSP-CSP12-E
Yaskawa servo motors need a battery on the encoder cable to use the Absolute Encoder feature. A new encoder cable can be purchased with the battery installed or a adaptor can be used like the one in the following photo.