Apollo III Not Communicating
Description of the problem:
The Apollo III motion controller is not communicating, but all the settings look correct and the firmware and plugin match.
The issue may be a corrupted FPGA. To check and fix that follow these steps:
- Open the VSI Device Manager (most likely this is located in the Programs and Drivers folder on the Desktop)
- Press the [Scan Network] button to search for devices
- Check the value of the FPGA column. It should have a value similar to 7ACE. If it does not and has a value like 8000 or some other random number the FPGA has been corrupted and needs to be reloaded.
- To update the FPGA click on the [Switch to Loader] button
- Next press the [FPGA Slow Prog] button
- Select the FPGA file (again, this will most likely be located in the Programs and Drivers folder on the Desktop)
- When the FPGA programming done (it takes a little while) press the [Scan Network] button again to verify the FPGA value is now correct
- Press the [Close] button
The FPGA can be corrupted due to a low level surge. It is not a common issue.Keywords: 7607