Windows Stop Code 0x00000024 - Blue Screen
This error is generally related to the filesystem. Either the NTFS driver (ntfs.sys) is corrupt or it encountered some other problem attempting to read from the filesystem.
From "Troubleshooting Stop error problems for IT Pros" (support.microsoft.com)
This Stop error is commonly caused by corruption in the NTFS file system or bad blocks (sectors) on the hard disk. Corrupted drivers for hard disks (SATA or IDE) can also adversely affect the system's ability to read and write to disk.
- Run any hardware diagnostics that are provided by the manufacturer of the storage subsystem.
- Use the scan disk tool to verify that there are no file system errors. To do this, right-click the drive that you want to scan, select Properties, select Tools, and then select the Check now button.
Potential Sources of the Problem
- Losing power to the computer without shutting down Windows first.
- Previous Windows crashes (usually hardware-related).
- Hard drive failure.
- Boot to a live OS (e.g. USB drive or optical disc) and run a filesystem checker.
- Run Check Disk from a Command Line to Check for and fix Disk Errors (technet.microsoft.com)
- 200 Ways to Revive a Hard D rive (hirensbootcd.org)