Removing the Computer from an X15-250 Control
Description of the problem:
It may be necessary for you to remove the PC from the control for repair or other reasons.
To remove the computer from an X15-250 Control do the following:
NOTE: *Consider taking photos of your setup as you go so you can be sure to get things put back as they originally were
1. Remove the back panel on the control to be able to access the connections to the computer (your back panel may look a little different but concept is the same).
2. Unplug all cables going to the computer
3. Remove the screws around the monitor on the front
4. Slide the computer (with screen) out the front. NOTE: There is a foam type gasket around the frame of the monitor that seals pretty well and can make it difficult to get the computer out. You may need to work at it a bit, but if the front screws are out that should be all that is holding it in. Just be careful not to bend it or otherwise put too much pressure as the screen can crack).
5. The screen is attached to the PC with screws along each side. Remove the screws and screen can be detached. NOTE: There are likely plastic/poly spacers between the monitor and PC frame. These will likely fall out of place when you remove the monitor. Taking photos first can help to know how they go back together.
*To access the internals of the computer remove the screws holding the back cover on the computer box. Remove it slowly and watch for the CPU fan wire and note where it is plugged into in case you need to remove it or it gets pulled off inadvertently.
Keywords: replace control, swap control, remove computer, remove monitor