MachMotion Standard Operating Conditions
STANDARD OPERATING CONDITIONS FOR ELECTRICAL AND CONTROL EQUIPMENT
This document specifies conditions within which MachMotion electrical and control equipment products can operate. Other conditions may be accommodated with additional engineering.
1. Enclosure type: NEMA/UL type 1 (Where enclosure is provided by MachMotion)
a. Indoor use only. Enclosure “provides a degree of protection against: a) incidental contact with the enclosed equipment, and b) against falling dirt”.
2. Ambient temperature range: 5̊ C to 40̊ C (41̊ F to 104̊ F)
3. Humidity range: 0% to 85% Relative Humidity (RH) maximum, non-condensing
4. Altitude: 1000 meters (3280 feet) maximum above mean sea level
a. Pollution Degree 2
b. Free of flammable or corrosive gases or mists
c. Minimal non-conductive dusts (1 ppm or less) in ambient air
d. Free of salts or iron dust
e. Free of water (including rain and snow), oil, or chemical mists
6. Environmental radiation:
a. Free of strong electromagnetic or magnetic fields
b. Free of static electricity
c. Free of ionizing radiation
d. Not located in direct sunlight
7. Vibration and Mechanical shock:
a. Vibration: 4.9 m/s2 (0.5 G) maximum
b. Shock: 19.6 m/s2 (2 G) maximum
8. (Reserved for future use)
ELECTRICAL POWER SUPPLY
9. Voltage fluctuation from nominal: +10%, -10% maximum
10. Frequency fluctuation from nominal: +2%, -2% maximum
11. Prospective short circuit current: Standard: 5,000 amps, RMS.
12. Voltage, phase, frequency: Standard: 230 volts ±10% AC, 3 phase, 60 Hertz.
a. Other supply characteristics available upon request:
b. 230 volts ±10%, 1 phase, 50 or 60 Hertz
c. 120 volts ±10%, 1 phase, 50 or 60 Hertz
d. 400Y/231 volts ±10%, 3 phase, 50 Hertz (grounded Y connection only)
e. 480Y/277 volts (440-480 volts), 3 phase, 60 Hertz (grounded Y connection only)
f. 480 volts Delta, 3 phase – Not directly supported. A suitable transformer is required.
13. Neutral connection:
a. Connection to the grounded supply conductor (i.e., the Neutral) is not required, unless noted by a decal at the power supply terminals or the manufacturer’s name plate.
b. The Neutral connection and the Ground connection are for distinct functions. They are not
intended to be connected together (except at the premises power supply grounding point.)
a. Grounded Power supply. The equipment is designed for connection to a solidly grounded power
supply. See Voltage and Phase, above.
b. Frame grounding. The non-current carrying parts of the frame shall be effectively grounded, by
connection to the premises equipment grounding (protective earthing) conductor. An equipment
grounding connection point is provided near the supply circuit connection point. Isolated ground
rods shall not be used. If local ground rods are used, there shall still be a connection to the
premises equipment grounding (protective earthing) conductor.
15. Overcurrent protection of supply conductors: not provided (standard). Data for selection of the
overcurrent device(s) is located on the manufacturer’s name plate.
16. (Reserved for future use)
17. Type of disconnecting device: Standard: Non-fusible panel disconnect, UL 508, IEC 60947-3. Selectorstyle
external operator handle, lockable, prevents opening door when energized, defeatable with a tool.
18. (Reserved for future use)
19. (Reserved for future use)
20. Operator station power supply: Operator station requires 100 to 264 volts, 1.5 ampere max, single
phase AC. The operator station can be powered from the main electrical panel (by connecting to the
operator station power cable), or it can be powered separately, e.g., from a wall outlet or uninterruptible
21. (Reserved for future use)
22. Markings: MachMotion control and electrical products have hazard markings that generally meet US
federal and Canadian standards, and have MachMotion brand marks. Other markings available.
23. Certification markings are available for an additional fee.
24. Technical documentation is furnished in paper form, with electronic copies (PDF format) on the
system’s operator station PC. Further documentation is available on our website –