Here are some articles specifically related to 2000 series controls.
2000 Series Shut-Down Procedure
If you are constantly having Mach errors, the problem could be incorrect shut-down of the machine control. Follow this procedure to shut-down the control and the machine in the proper sequence to keep Mach running smoothly.
1) In Mach, click on the "Service" tab.
2) Click on the "Maintenance" tab.
3) Click on the power button.
4) Once you have clicked the power off button, you will have to wait for the control to power all the way down. Stand at the computer screen and wait for it to go dark to make sure that the computer has turned all the way off.
5) Once the computer is powered down, you can power down the machine cabinet.