2000 Series Punch Control
The 2000 series punch control is initiated from a 2000 series Mill control with the 2x50 screen. Once the mill control is installed and functioning, the following steps can be taken:
- Make sure Mach is closed
- Add/merge in the attached profile section to the applicable profile Machine.ini
Make sure only one instance of the section exists in the profile
- Replace the Dashboard.ini file in [Profile]/Dashboards/SidebarDashboard with the attached dashboard file
The file must be named Dashboard.ini in order to be acknowledged by the control
- Modify the UserGUIModule to include the attached snippet
Merge the functions if the UserScreenLoadScript already exists
- Copy the attached gcode file to the gcode folder
- Modify the O1001 subroutine in the gcode file to match the punch sequence of the machine
Changing the Number of Punch Parameters
The attached files are setup with parameters for ten punches in each job. To change that number, the following steps must be done:
- The UserGUIModule.UserScreenLoadScript snippet must have the correct range of pound variables in the "RangeString" table entry of the job file. The range always starts at 500. The range ends at 500 + 2*(number of punches).
- The punch parameter widget must have the extra parameters added to it. Right-click on the widget and select "Configure Widget". Enter the same range calculated in the previous step.
The new parameters will not have a name associated with them. They can be named by right-clicking on them and selecting "Set Description". Names are not required for the control to work.
Running the Control
Loading a Job File
There is no error checking in the punch control. If the Number of Punches parameter is set to a higher number then the number of parameters, the machine will attempt to move to and punch in unknown locations.
Running a Job
After loading/creating a job file and setting the parameters, press the "Regen Toolpath" button to verify toolpath. Once satisfied, press "Cycle Start".
Reposition moves will be made as rapid moves.